It’s Deaf Awareness Week… and also Happy 2nd Birthday to Deafie Blogger!
The last two years have been a whirlwind for me, since starting this blog two years ago today! Here’s what happened in the first year… and continue reading to find out what happened this last year!
So much has happened, which I’m so grateful for the amazing opportunities!
- Reaching 1000 likes on my Facebook page
- I started a petition for more subtitled cinema showings!
- Travelled back to Switzerland to visit Phonak HQ again
- Took over Phonak’s Instagram account for the big Liverpool Deaf Weekend
- Designed my own business cards!
- Attended Deaffest 2017 in Wolverhampton
- And yesterday… I jumped out of a plane, raising funds for Norfolk Deaf Association!
I’m also off to San Antonio, Texas on Thursday to attend the Good Vibrations Music Festival on Saturday! I’ll be attending as a Phonak hEARo, reporting on Phonak’s social media accounts and ‘Hearing Like Me’ on Snapchat, be sure to follow them to see what I get up to!
To mark the two year anniversary of what used to be ‘Day in the life of a deafie’, I have officially brought www.deafieblogger.com , to make this site a bit more personal!
Love DB x
P.S. Just a little note to all my followers out there… Thank you so much for your support it means a lot!